KEY SCRIPTURE: Rom 12:11 KJV” Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;”
In our previous study we realised that, our ability to win, conquer in life, depends on the state of our spirit. A fervent spirit is one that is very alert unto God, as well as dominates the actions of the individual. A dormant spirit needs to be awakened and set into proper motion. Please note, you would pay dearly for it, if your spirit is not awakened. Remember, Satan as a roaring lion, is roaming, seeking whom he may devour. The devil cannot devour every one, but can surely get those who are spiritually sleeping. Stop sleeping. Rom 13:12 KJV “The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.”
What must one do to get into that fervency of spirit.
1.Pray and repent of your spiritual dullness.
2. If there is any known sinful way, ask God for forgiveness and repent, from it.
3. Pray with more urgency and a stronger desire.
4. Take time to read the bible, studying and making notes. Take action points from your studies.
5. Spend quality time worshipping and praising the Lord.
6. Stay away from carnal friends or carnal Christians, whose communications does not spare you into a more intimate walk in the Spirit.
7. Give yourself to sharing the Goodnews of our Lord Jesus.
8. You may also have a day in the week to fast and pray.
Remember, life is spiritual and that, the Spirit always dominate the natural. 1Tim 4:8 KJV” For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.” There is always evil activities seeking to put the righteous down. It is your alertness that will put you over. Psa 11:2-3 KJV “For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?”
What shall the righteous do, if the foundations, that is the spiritual alertness is not there? Do not become a cheap meat for the enemy.
Father, thank you for your love for me. Thank you, for stirring in me a new fire and a spiritual alertness. I awake out of every sleeping to be whatever the spirit of God has ordained for me to be.
THOUGHT: PLUG YOURSELF INTO GOD AND STAY AWAKE.
Eph 5:18 KJV “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;”
Eph 5:19 KJV “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;”