Many people including some Christians have ridiculed speaking in tongues because they claim it does not make sense. These people unfortunately forget that everything about faith does not make sense, yet these have always turnout the best. 1st Corinth 1:27 “For God has chosen the foolish things of this world to confound the wise and God has chosen the weak things to confound the things which are mighty”.
Our key scripture says in the name of Jesus believers would speak in new tongues. This goes for all Christians who might not be speaking in tongues. You can receive the ability to speak in tongues by claiming it in faith in Jesus name.
It is a great privilege to be speaking in new tongues. There are countless benefits that comes to the Christian who speaks in new tongues. The following are a few.
- Speaking in tongues opens one to the rest of the nine supernatural gifts.
- He that prays in tongues prays in the spirit. 1st Corinth 14:2, 14.
- He that prays in tongues speaks mysteries (hidden realities)…1st Corinthians 4:2
- He that prays in tongues edifies himself (builds himself up)… 1st Corinth 14:4
- People have been converted through hearing a message from one who never learnt his or her language, leading to their conversion Acts 2:11.
- Your spiritual senses are exercised as you pray in tongues….1st Corinthians 14:2
- You can’t pray amiss by praying in tongues since your mind does not pray but the Holy Spirit does
The apostle Paul said He speaks in tongues more than all the brethren. 1st Corinth 14:18. This reveals an insight into the mighty way God used him.
The Bible also tells us not to forbid speaking in tongues (1st Corinth 14:39a). Please pray and pray and pray more in tongues and you would be surprised at the great transformation in your life.
Heavenly father, I thank you for the power in the name of Jesus. It grants me the ability to speak in tongues. My spirit is edified as I pray in tongues. Secrets beyond my knowledge are sorted as I pray in tongues. May your name be praised in Jesus name.
Jude 1:20 ” But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost”.
1 Corinthians 14:2 ” For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries”.