KEY SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 6:18 “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;”
A very vital part of the spiritual warfare is praying for all Christians. The enemy has the advantage when the church is divided and weak. A very strong United Church means a strong individual members.
Apostle Paul in almost all of his epistles prayed for the churches. He longed to see all the churches grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord.
The following are some of the prayer points He prayed for the churches and we could also learn from them and pray likewise for fellow believers worldwide.
1st Corinthians 1:6-8
- Pray that the testimony of Christ may be confirmed in the brethren.
- Pray that the Christians come behind in no gift as they wait for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pray that they would be blameless at the day of our Lord Jesus Christ (that is at His coming).
- Continue to thank God for the life of all saints.
- Ask that our Heavenly Father will give unto the saints the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
- Pray that their eyes of understanding would be flooded with light, that they may know what the hope of their calling is.
- Pray that they may also know what is the riches of the glory of Christ’s inheritance in the saints.
- Pray that they may also know the exceeding greatness of His power to them which believe, which is according to the working of His mighty power which He wrought in Christ when He raised Him from the dead.
- Pray that God would, out of His riches of His glory, strengthen all believers with might by His Spirit in the inner man.
- Pray that Christ will dwell in their hearts by faith
- Pray that they would be rooted and grounded in love.
- Pray that they would comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length and depth and height of the love of God.
- Pray that they would know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that they would be filled with all the fullness of God
- Pray that the love of Christians would abound more and more.
- Pray that their love will also abound in knowledge and in all judgement.
- Pray that they may approve of things that are excellent.
- Pray that they may be sincere and live without offence till the day of Christ.
- Pray that they would be filled with the fruits of righteousness through our Lord Jesus Christ unto the glory and praise of God.
The above prayer points are some of the prayer points we could be praying for fellow Christians and ourselves as well. These are scriptural and are of the Spirit. The need to pray for fellow believers is very necessary in these last days that Satan had vomited every kind of unclean thing to deceive and to defile.
I pray the spirit of the Lord will stir in the hearts of all believers a strong desire to intercede for one another and to do it scripturally in the name of the Lord Jesus I have prayed. Amen.
Colossians 1:9 ” For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;”
Colossians 1:11 “Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;”