KEY SCRIPTURE: 2 Corinthians 11:13 ” For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ”.
As much as we learn and talk about the gifts of the Holy Spirit we ought to be aware of the devil counterfeiting these gifts.
Our key scripture tells us clearly that, there are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. These false apostles abound in our times. In deed there are many genuine prophets in our times, yet there are quite a lot who are messengers of the devil.
The gift of the word of wisdom that is to know what would happen in the future is one of the gifts that these false prophets may counterfeit. The Bible tells us to test every spirit; 1st John 4:1 “Beloved, believe not every spirit but try the spirits whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone into the world”. I believe the scripture is very emphatic about this. Try every spirit. How do we try them?
1. Allow the Holy Spirit to speak to your heart with the still small voice or let the peace of God check the things you are hearing and seeing. (Colossians 3:15)
2. You shall also know them by their fruits: Matthew 7:20: Check out for these signs: Do they exalt themselves? Are their moral life anything to be inspired about? How do they speak about their fellow ministers?
3. If his or her prophecy does not come to pass he is not speaking by the Spirit of God. There are some who would rightly call out people’s names and give word of knowledge about them yet the predictions they make about the future does not come to pass.
4. Any prophet or man of God, who makes merchandise of the gospel by charging certain amounts before praying for the needy is very questionable. 1 Corinthians 9:18, what is my reward then? “Verily that,when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel”.
5. Any prophet or man of God who tells you to buy certain objects to be used to pray or perform certain oblations (offerings) is questionable
Please note; the Lord Jesus offered His blood to make an eternal redemption for us and no more offerings for our sins. (Hebrews 9:12). May we be careful lest we are deceived by the cunning deceptions of the devil and his agents.
O heavenly Father, open our eyes of understanding so we would know the tricks and schemes of the devil and his agents.
2 Corinthians 11:15. “Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.”
Matthew 7:20. “Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them