KEY SCRIPTURE: Galatians 6:17 ” From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus”.
Apostle Paul declares in our key scripture the following “from henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of our Lord Jesus. ” At this period some Jewish Christians were accusing Paul for his stance on the grace of God against the law of Moses… He makes an emphatic statement that ‘within his body is a visible sign of the sufferings that he has gone through in the name of Jesus. In our previous studies we looked at some of the various areas where Paul had to undergo sufferings.
What are some of the various areas that the Christian of today must prepare his or her mind to suffer for our Lord Jesus Christ. The following are some of the areas that a Christian may be subjected to various kinds of suffering for the name and course of the gospel. John 15:20 ” Remember the word that I said unto you, the servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also”.
1) Suffering persecution to the point of losing our lives for the course of Christ. The bible speaks on a number of occasions about being killed for the course of our faith.
2) There are other forms of suffering persecutions in which the Christian is tortured like imprisonment or attacked and beaten for his faith. Some are sacked from their homes etc.
3)When one Forsakes the comfort of his home or town to go to a deprived area to spread the Gospel is also a form of suffering for Christ
4) Some people would have to forsake their lucrative jobs and big salaries to go into missions to minister to the poor.
5) Using your money to support the spread of the Gospel.
6) Forsaking certain pleasures in order to bring honour to our Lord.
7) Fasting often for the course of Christ.
8) Standing for truth against certain wrong standards at your work places: For an example; It is a norm for politicians in power to take kickbacks before giving out contracts, and so as a Christian when you refuse such a thing the contract may not be given to you.
9) Some Christian ladies would have to forsake certain employments or promotions because they would not accept to have sex with their bosses before being promoted or offered certain jobs.
In actual fact, Satan raises all kinds of oppositions to cause the believer to fall. The essence of persecution from Satan’s view is to make you yield to him and sin against God. Resist him.
Dear heavenly farther may the church be armed with a mind ready to suffer for the name of our Lord Jesus resulting in the salvation of many.
Hebrews 12:3-4 ” For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin”.
Matthew 24:9 ” Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.”