KEY SCRIPTUIRE: Psalm 1:6. “For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish”.
Holiness is God’s demand for every child of His and He rewards all who accept to be holy. We continue with our discussion on the rewards of living a holy life.
13. God knows or stands by the Holy man, but the way of the ungodly shall die. The word know is a covenant word. It does not only mean to be made aware of something, but to be united with one in a more intimate way. God is one with His children who walk in holiness. The scriptures said the way of the sinner or the man who disobeys God’s word shall perish.
14. The Holy man would be blessed with favour. Psalm 5:12
“For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favor wilt thou compass him as with a shield”. The scripture says favor would compass the righteous as a shield ‘Favor would be the defense of the righteous. Favor is God’s special appointment or honor, He gives to anyone whom God chooses to give to, although that individual may not deserve it. It may come as a promotion, provision or protection to the righteous.
15. The generation of the righteous shall experience the presence of the Lord. Ps 14:5“There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous”. This statement implies the sons and daughters in subsequent generation of an upright man or woman, shall have the presence of the Lord helping them through. There are certain individuals from a particular family line who keep experiencing blessing upon blessing. There are people of high social standing in that family line. Tracing the family tree through would reveal men or women who honored the Lord with their lives. There are other families where there are so many social misfits. These may be traced to certain ancestors who were very wicked and did many abominable things. Mind what you are doing today for your generation may either be blessed or have curses because of your actions.
16. God answers the prayers of the upright: Psalm 34:15
“The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry”. The ears of the Lord are always attentive to the cry of the upright.
17. The righteous is better in every way than the wicked. Psalm 37:16
“A little that a righteous man hath is better than many riches of the wicked’. The riches of the wicked is lorded over by the devil, who is forever a hash task master. Satan can never give peace to anyone who will serve him. The supposed little of the upright is with peace, because the Lord is his portion. Please note dear upright in heart that so long as the LORD is on your side you have more than enough of the supposed riches of the wicked. Never choose riches at the expense of pleasing GOD.
I am surrendered totally to the Lord. I always do whatever he tells me promptly. The Lord likewise responds to me very promptly. I am very privileged and the generations after me are also very blessed.
Psalm 37:17. “For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous”.
Psalm 37:25. “I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread”.