KEY SCRIPTURE: Judges 6:25 KJV “And it came to pass the same night, that the LORD said unto him, Take thy father’s young bullock, even the second bullock of seven years old, and throw down the altar of Baal that thy father hath, and cut down the grove that is by it:”
The background story from our key scripture is about Gideon. God had called him to deliver the Israelites from the Midianites. The only thing that could limit his success was his family idol. So long as that idol remained untouched in his family and home, God in all His power and authority cannot do much with him. The presence of the idol would grossly interfere with his victories. God instructed him to go and pull down the altar of the family idol and raise a new one, offering a sacrifice unto the Lord. This was Gideon’s way of breaking free from the family idol. As a servant of God and a man who came from a background of idol worship, I have come to know that, these things interfere with the successes of people if not stopped. Their ability to do this does not come from their strength, but basically because of the covenant that exists between them and the family.
God our Father is the judge of all. Psalms 75:7 KJV ” But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.” He is the ultimate authority, allowing and disallowing what happens on the earth. Whether He allows or disallows depends how one presents his or her case legally(scripturally)(Matt 18:18) upon which you can break the power of that idol over the family. All these must be done in faith. The bible is full of scriptures that reveal our freedom from these spirits.
You may use the following scriptures
1. 2 Corinth 5:17 KJV” Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”.
2. John 8:12 KJV” Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life”.
3. Colossians 1:13 KJV” Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son”:
4. Galatians 1:4 KJV” Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father”:
5. Galatians 3:13 KJV” Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree”:
Go through each scripture, declaring it to the Lord. Announce to the devil that it is purely illegal for him to perpetuate any of his activities in your life and family. The scripture says resist him steadfastly. You may have to keep praying and declaring these scriptures till you sense victory. Do not pray from a mindset of defeat, but a mindset of victory.
I am in Christ; therefore, I am a new creation all old things have passed away, Behold all things have become new. I break every power of every family idol over my life, for I have no relationship with you. I refuse to be manipulated by any force of darkness.
1 Peter 1:18 KJV” Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers. But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:”
John 3:8 KJV” The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit”.