KEY SCRIPTURE: Matthew 25:15.”And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. “
Please read through Matthew 25:14–31
This parable given by the Lord teaches us so many things about life
The following are some of the lessons we learn from the parable
1. God has given every body some ability to be successful in life (Matt 25:15)
2. Everyone is given according to his ability which also comes from the Lord. (Matt 25:15)
3. We must recognise it and be thankful to the Lord.
4. Each one must work with his God given ability to become successful (Matt 25:16).
5. Each one succeeds according to his potential, and must not envy another man’s level of success. (Matt 25:16&17)
6. God who gave us the abilities will one day require of us our results or fruits (Matt 25:19)
7. God would reward us according to our fruits (Matt 25:20)
8.People’s failure in life, is not because of a lack of potentials, or gifts but because of wrong attitude (Matt 25:24-25)
9. Those who fail to make use of their potentials will suffer first in this life and in eternity (Matt 25:26)
10. If you fail to be fruitful, the little you have would be taken from you and given to those who have more. (Matt 25:28)
Lesson 1: God has given each person some ability, to be successful in life.
This very point applies both to your natural talents and your spiritual responsibilities.
For your spiritual responsibilities you have to apply yourself to serving the Lord as diligent as possible. You have to commit yourself to winning the lost. Just put in your best efforts.
THOUGHT; YOUR BEST EFFORTS IS YOUR BEST WAY TO PROVE YOU ARE NOT WASTING YOUR GIFTS.
Romans 12:8. Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
2 Peter 1:5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;