KEY SCRIPTURE; Matthew 27:32 KJV “And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross”.
The Lord Jesus after loosing so much blood and general weakness, could not have borne the heavy cross all alone. The soldiers seeing how weak He was and His inability to carry the cross through, the soldiers looked around and found one Simon, of Cyrene. Cyrene was a province in Lybia. Simon was an African. The bible said he was compelled to support the master. My question is how did he accept the call to support the Lord. Did he do it willingly or out of compulsion? This man is God’s creation, if he carried the cross out of love and joy, then there is a reward for him. If he carried it out of complaining and anger, then there is no reward for him. For he has only rendered service to his own creator. He owns his strength and life.
Now let’s bring this home to our service unto the Lord. How are you serving the Lord.? The Lord must be served on the following terms:
1. WILLINGLY. 1Corinth 9:17 KJV” For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
2. LÒVINGLY .1 Corinth 13:3 KJV And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
3. SACRIFICIALLY. John 12:25 KJV “He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.”
4. FAITHFULLY. 1Co 4:2 KJV “Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.”
5. KNOWLEDGE. John 4:22 KJV “Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews”.
6. HUMILITY. James 4:6 KJV” But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.”
7. PURITY. 2 Tim 2:19 KJV ” ” “Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”
8. GOD FIRST. Matt 6:33 KJV” But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
9. JOYFULLY. Deut 28:47 KJV” Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;
The above are some of the ways God expects us to serve Him. Your service would be far rewarding if you go by these terms.
THOUGHT: GOD IS THE REASON FOR OUR EXISTENCE, IT IS JUST REASONABLE TO JOYFULLY SERVE HIM
Rev 4:11 KJV “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”