KEY SCRIPTURE: Matthew 27:50 KJV Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
There is always a time for everything. A time to be born, a time to serve your generation and finally a time to go home. The Lord finally had to depart. The scripture said He cried for the second time and then gave the ghost. This word ghost is an old English for Spirit. Death is not just a cessation of life, but a separation of the Spirit from the body. (James 2:26). It is the Spirit that gives life to the body
John recorded that before the Lord gave up the ghost He said, it is finished. I believe this was the last cry.
The death of our Lord Jesus has brought untold blessings to all mankind. The following are some of them.
- The death of Jesus reversed the old order set forth by Adam and brought a new order into operation. By His death we have authority over Satan and His devil’s. Col 2:15
- By Jesus- death His blood became the blood of the covenant on behalf of men. Heb 13:20, Heb 10:29
- Through His death He took away the sins of the world John 1:29 “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world”.
- We are justified by His blood and therefore are saved from wrath, when we believe in Him Rom 5:9 ” Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him”.
- Through His death, we have received an atonement, or reconciliation. Reconciliation means whatever made us disqualified to stand before God has been taken away. It also means to be changed thoroughly.
- His death has ushered us into the grace of God Rom 5:2
- The death of Jesus reveals God’s love for us. John 3:16
- Through Jesus’ death, death is abolished and has brought life and immortality to light.2Ti 1:10 KJV “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:”
- By His death sins power over man is destroyed and righteousness has now taken over our being Romans 6:6 KJV Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
What kind of people must we be?
- We must continually thank the father for giving His son to die for us (Eph 5:4, 20)
- A life of dedication and loving service unto God. Rom 12:1
- Tell everyone about these great benefits of Jesus death. Matthew 28:18-20
- Live in expectation of His return.2 Tim 4:8
THOUGHT; HOW MUCH HAVE YOU BENEFITED FROM CHRIST DEATH?