KEY SCRIPTURE: John 4:35 KJV Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
It is very normal for most people to post pond what must be done with urgency. The Lord Jesus brought a very important truth to the disciples concerning their approach h to evangelism. He said to them, do not say it is yet four months when the field will be ready for harvest. The time frame of four months is in relation to the time period between planting of grain till it is harvested. The Lord is saying, in the matter of souls, it is never sowing and waiting for harvest.
Every moment is harvest time for souls.
2Tim 4:2 KJV “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
Why should the harvesting of souls be a present hour matter?
1.The time is short.
Rom 13:11 KJV “And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.”
2. The certainty of life of the unsaved to see the next day is not guaranteed. Luke vf112:20 KJV” But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?”
3. A delay may mean Satan capturing his or heart for a worse state.
4. That moment may not occur again and you would not meet him or her again.
5. God is ready to save the lost at any day or time.2 Corinth 6:2b
6. Today is harvest time John 4:35.
Every child of God must be ready with the gospel. Apostle Paul says shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace Eph 6: 15.
What makes us prepared to win or harvest souls for Christ
1. Decide you would be ready always to share the gospel with someone.
2. Carry on you a gospel tract to give someone and take his contact if possible.
3. Do not allow any sinful life to get in your way, for sin would weigh you down and quench the fire in your heart.
4. Maintain a consistent time of prayer and fellowship with the Spirit.
5. Always remember to pray for sinners to come to the knowledge of Christ.
7. Never be afraid of the face or appearance of any man. Every man without Christ must be saved.
If you would do these, God would use you to save many into the kingdom of God.
THOUGHT: FOLLOW THE PROMPTING OF THE SPIRIT TO SHARE THE G OSPEL ALWAYS
Isaiah 52:7 KJV How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Matthew 28:19 KJV Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: