KEY SCRIPTURE: Joh 4:45 KJV” Then when he was come into Galilee, the Galilaeans received him, having seen all the things that he did at Jerusalem at the feast: for they also went unto the feast.”
Life is about advancing and making a positive impact wherever you go. Our key scripture says the Lord was accepted in Galilee because the Galileans saw what the Lord did at the feast. The gift of a man shall make room for him, and bring him before great men. Proverbs 18:16. Your works shall always speak for you. This demands you put in your best. The Lord had come to do the will of the Father and He was absolutely given to that. He was not doing anything to project his image but only to glorify the Father. In the light of this He gave Himself over to prepare to be effective.
Let’s consider some of His preparatory acts to bring him to such a place of honour, impact and acceptance
1. He accepted to be baptised by John, to fulfill all righteousness Matt 3:15
2He was led by the Spirit to fast for forty days and nights. Matt 4:1
3 He maintained a consistent life of prayer every day. Mark 1:35
4 He found a group of men who He would teach, train and send them out. These men were to continue with His mission on earth after He had left the earth scene Matt 4:19
5.He started reaching out to propagate the good news of the kingdom of God, in the midst of a number of difficulties and challenges.
The difficulties were 1 A Jewish people who were expecting a conquering king type of Messiah.
2 A Jewish religious leadership who were legalistic, envious and hostile to His teachings. The Lord overcame all these difficulties.
We can follow the steps of our master to equally make great impacts in our world
1. Accepting to be baptised by John was an act of self-denial and humility. This is the first step into doing anything worthwhile for God.
2. Fasting and prayer is also vital to fine tune every servant of God for effectiveness.
3. A life of consistent prayer is also very vital to daily receive the support of the Spirit in all your endeavours
4. Jesus needed a team to work with. You have to function in a team, in a church setting and with a special role. If your heart is set on bringing glory to the father, then your impact would surely be felt and your gift would make a way for you.
THOUGHT: A READY HEART TO PLEASE THE FATHER WOULD EXCEL IN MINISTRY.
1Timothy 4:6 KJV” If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.”
1Timothy 1:5 KJV “Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:”