KEY SCRIPTURE: John 4:51 KJV” And as he was now going down, his servants met him, and told him, saying, Thy son liveth.”
The ruler who came to Jesus received healing for his son. He was met on his way home by his servants, who announced to him that his son was well. He enquired about the time when his son was healed; and it was the very time when the Lord said to him go thy son is well. This man had the faith to take his son’s healing. By faith you can take your answer. In Mark 9:22, the man who brought his son to the disciples, but could not be helped, asked the Lord, if he could have compassion, and heal his son. The Lord also said to him, if you can all things are possible to him that believes. The power for your own answer lies within your faith.
How can one grow his or her faith to obtain answers?
1. You develop your faith by knowing God for yourself. Knowing the word without knowing the God of the word, is frustration. You do this by accepting God’s revelation about himself and living to please Him. Hebrews 11:6
2. Give more time to feeding on faith building teachings. Watch and listen to testimonies of God’s great acts in the lives of others. Do not give attention to those who speak reasonably but not scripturally. Mark 4:24 ” And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
3. Always do what the word says. Do not give up if things don’t go as expected.
4. Never speak contrary to what the word says. Your faith is strengthened or weakened by your words.
5. Refuse any, negative thought or impression that opposes the word of God.
One thing that overthrows the faith of most people, is when their expectation seems to delay. If your faith happens to grow weak, then there is a big question about your faith. The foundation of faith is established on the nature of God. Heb 6:18 and God’s oath to be faithful. These two things cannot change. God’s nature cannot change, and He cannot break His oath. You must not let down your hold on Him under any condition, for your foundation for your faith, cannot be affected by anything. When your faith begin weaken under any condition then that faith was not established on these two unchanging or immutable qualities of God.
THOUGHT: FAITH DOES NOT FAIL IF ESTABLISHED ON THE RIGHT FOUNDATION.
Hebrews 6:18 KJV “That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:”
Hebrews 10:35 KJV “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.”