KEY SCRIPTURE: John 7:14 KJV” Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.”
The Lord’s action in going to teach during the course of the feast, sounds like a big paradox. The Jewish leaders were seeking for Him to kill Him, and so He kept Himself in the quiet. He did not even go along with His brethren. Barring all these He goes to the feast and then goes to teach in a place where everyone could see Him and attack Him, if they so wished. What is happening here? The Lord’s action was never out of fear for His life, but just following the counsel of the Spirit. He was also never afraid of the Jews.
Fear is a detachment from the Spirit. Fear is one of the signs of the dominance of the flesh. The Lord never functions in the flesh. The Lord was always on top of every circumstance because He was constantly led by the Spirit. He is the creator of all things, and his creation could never threaten Him. John 1:10 KJV” He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. “He said His father was always with Him, because He always did that which pleases the father John 8:29. Fear has so much torment and nothing could torment the Lord emotionally since that would show no faith in the father. Anything done without faith is a sin. The Lord was without sin.
Why could He never be overtaken with fear?
1. He said, the father was always with Him.
2. He could ask for angelic support and assistance.
3. Nothing took Him by surprise.
4. He was a man of the Spirit and walked in absolute faith in God. Fear is a product of the flesh. Fear does not function in the presence of faith in God.
What do we learn from His example?
1. Get to know the Lord in truth. You do this by accepting the revelations He’s given about Himself. Totally trust in Him
2. BE always aware of the presence of angels to assist and protect you. Note we do not give direct commands to angels, but rather ask the Lord to release them for us. Matt 26:53 KJV ” Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?”
3. Decide never to panic at any situation, but to trust the Lord always,
4. One sure answer to fear is to live in the Spirit. To live in the spirit is to view everything from God’s point of view. Accept that you are a Spirit, living in a body and having a soul.
THOUGHT: FEAR OF MAN BREEDS MULTIPLE ERRORS
Proverbs 29:25 KJV “The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.”
Matt 14:9 KJV “And the king was sorry: nevertheless, for the oath’s sake, and them which sat with him at meat, he commanded it to be given her.