KEY SCRIPTURE: John 7:46 KJV” The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.”
In the above story, some men returned from not being able to arrest Jesus, whom they were detailed to arrest. When they returned to the authorities who sent them, they were asked why couldn’t you arrest Him. Their answer was, they had never heard a man who spoke the way Jesus spoke. Jesus is a master communicator.
How did the Lord speak?
1. The Lord always spoke the words of God. He allowed God to speak through Him, trusting Him to do so. Luke 21:15 KJV “For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.” The Lord told His disciples not to worry about what to say, anytime their accusers or persecutors arrested them for enquires, but to just trust the Holy Spirit to give them what to say. He also spoke by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
A. Always speak God’s word, or trust God to speak through you.
2. Jesus did not speak as the Pharisee, but spoke as one who had authority. Mar 1:22 KJV” And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes.” The Lord knew the father and spoke with lots of assurance and faith.
B. Speak with assurance and faith in God
3. The Lord Jesus knew He was speaking on behalf of God, and so knew God was backing whatever He said. Acts 10:38 KJV How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
C. Speak on behalf of God, knowing He would honour His words.
4. He had no fear for any man, and so was never apprehensive about whatever He said to them
D. Do not be afraid of the faces of men, say the truth, but do not insult anyone.
5. The Lord Jesus did not plead with anyone to accept the truth. He asked Levi to come follow him, without pleading with Him. He knew that following Him was the best engagement a man could find himself.
E. Do not manipulate anyone to believe, trust God to speak to their hearts.
Speaking in the above way to His audience made a very great impact on them. You would also make a great level of impact, if you would follow our Lord’s approach to communicating to your audiences.
THOUGHT: POWERFUL COMMUNICATING OF GOD’S WORD IS SPEAKING BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
Jeremiah 1:8 KJV “Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.”
Jeremiah 1:7 KJV” But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.”