KEY SCRIPTURE: John 8:42 KJV “Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.”
The Lord Jesus continued with His discourse with the Jewish leaders. At this point, He tells them, if God were your father, you would love me. Sons carry the genes of their parents and therefore would definitely reflect certain character traits as well as various levels of resemblances of the father. In this study we would be considering certain natures, actions or lifestyles that must be seen in us because we are sons of God. Every son of God must manifest.
1. They must express great love for Jesus, in seeking to please Him in all they do. Galatians 1:10 KJV “For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.”
2. SONS of God demonstrate the God kind of love to all men. There is human love, that is based on loving one because of who the person is to you, or what you would get from the person. The love of the sons of God comes from the new man in them. This is the love which is in inspite of who you are, what you have or even what you have done. It is the love from the Spirit and so it is full of joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, kindness, meekness and self-control. It makes houses, homes, overlooking wrongs to forgive and sacrifices for the helpless .1 Corinth 13:4-8.
3. Sons of God love to win souls. Jesus has taught is that the value or prize of a soul is His very blood or life. A soul is more precious than trillions of dollars, and the Son of God, must sacrifice, for them, Reach out for them and do everything to save souls for our father.1Co 9:19 KJV “For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.”
4. SONS of God depart from iniquity because they would not defile their Holiness. The son of God, is born a holy man or woman. Sin defiles our Holy, pure state. If you know you are a son of God, then you would naturally preserve your sanctity. Daniel 1:8, 2 Timothy 2:19.
5. The son of God manifests the power of God, in healing the sick, and setting men free from satanic power, whiles He lives above the power of Satan, that is sicknesses and demonic controls. This is a point some may contend because it has not been well taught and projected among Christians. Our ability to effectively announce the gospel is by breaking the power of the devil over men as well as over our lives. Mark 16:17 KJV” And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
6. Sons of God, live in anticipation of the appearing of Jesus for the church. The Lord said He will go and come back for the church. He gave us events that would precede His coming. Indeed, almost everything is playing for His appearing to receive the church. Sons of God purify themselves, so they would be counted worthy for this event.
God is my Father, and His Spirit lives in me. I live in appreciation of His love and kindness, and so I likewise love Him, serve Him in winning the lost, and walk uprightly always. I am filled with joy and peace excited about life. His power in me dominates sicknesses, lack, sin and Satan’s power. I am free in Jesus’ name.
THOUGHT: SONS OF GOD ARE THE MOST PRIVILEGED PEOPLE ON EARTH
1 John 3:2 KJV” Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure”.
2Corinth 4:2 KJV “But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.”
2Tim 2:19 KJV” Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”