KEY SCRIPTURE: Eph 6:11 KJV” Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”
We have learnt about the fundamental nature of Satan. We saw he is a murderer and totally consumed by the lust to kill. His tool for ensnaring his victims is by deception or lies. God’s provision to overcome his lies and schemes is the armour of God. The Lord suggests that we must be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Eph 6:10. To do this, God has given us armour.
We are only strong to the degree we are able to make use of the armour of God.
We are not fighting or wrestling against flesh and blood, but against
1. Principalities or chiefs, or first in rank of Satan’s angels
2. Powers or authorities
3. Rulers of the darkness of this age
4. spiritual wickedness. These are those spirits that perpetuate all the immorality and the prevailing evil.
They all operate through deceptions. The bible calls it wiles or deceit, cunning arts, or trickery.
Satan is not too strong, he is strong to the degree that, he is able to deceive you
Now let’s take a look at the armour
1. TRUTH on your loins: Feed your mind with the truth. Tie it to your mind and believe it
2. Breastplate of righteousness or forsake every sinful way. Every unrighteous way, lands you in spiritual darkness, that gives Satan charge over you.
3. Prepare yourself to share the good news of peace, always
4. Build your faith strong and be ready to stop the enemy on any grounds
5. Maintain your hope of the coming salvation (The coming of the Lord)
6. Take up the word of God, ready to apply it against every onslaught of the devil.
7. Pray always with all prayer.
A good look at the armour refers to the word of God in totality. This means by giving the word right off way in your life, or you practise whatever it says, you would be ready always to face and overcome the devil any day.
I am committed to the word of God. I feed my heart with the word. The word in totality is the wisdom of God. It is the power of God and gives me absolute victory always.
THOUGHT: LIVE OUT THE WORD AND REMAIN VICTORIOUS OVER SATAN
2Co 6:3 KJV” Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:”
1Jn 1:6 KJV” If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:”