KEY SCRIPTURE: Joh 10:38 KJV” But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him”.
The Lord Jesus expressed the importance of one’s works, being the ground to know who he is. Jesus’ works also proved that ,the Father is in Him, and He is likewise in the Father. What is the evidence that you belong to Jesus?
There are a number of factors that proves that one belongs to Jesus.
The first factor is, what you believe about Jesus.
The following are the truths about Jesus that makes you belong to Him, if you hold to them.
1. You must believe that Jesus is God, who became man to die for us. This is a very important point. His blood can only wash our sins away, if only, he is the perfect one and also the highest sacrifice for all humanity. It can only take God to be that sacrifice. John 1:1, 14, 29 (You are not saved, if you do not believe Jesus is God)
2. Believe that He died for your sins, which were washed away by His blood, and that He rose again on the third day.1 Corinth 15 :3&4
3. You have accepted Him as your Saviour and confess Him as your Lord. Rom 10:9&10
The next evidence of belonging to Jesus, is producing fruits of righteousness. Phil 1:11 BBE “Being full of the fruits of righteousness, which are through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.”
1.You walk in holiness and in the fear of God. Titus 2:12
2. You walk in love towards all men. Love is the perfection of the law. Love produces humility, faithfulness, joy and kindness. Rom 12:9, 10. You manifest the Christlike life in all you do.
3. You also fellowship with others who believe and practice these things. Heb 10:25
Lastly you live in anticipation of the second coming of Jesus.
1.You maintain the hope of the rapture of the church
2. You Live and do all things, in daily expectation of the coming of Christ
3. You share the truth of the gospel with all men. This must be done in all urgency and commitment.
4. You demonstrate the power of God, in the healing and deliverance of the oppressed (It is not all men, who have the insight to operate in this area)
If your life testimony is what has been said above then you would be very fruitful unto the Lord, and would make real impact in the lives of many.
Thank you, heavenly father, for saving my life and giving me a witness in my walk of faith. I believe in the deity of Jesus, and have made Him Lord of my life. I live in submission to the Holy Spirit, as I walk in holiness, love for all men, and always expect the coming of the Son of God.
THOUGHT: THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS ALLOWING JESUS TO LIVE THROUGH YOU.
Rom 12:9 KJV” Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good;Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;”
Tit 2:12 KJV “Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;”