KEY SCRIPTURE: Joh 11:8 KJV” His disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest thou thither again?”
Life always has something to threaten one about. These things come our way to prevent us from doing what we desire to become. There is no life without dangers, unfortunately many have deprived themselves of great freedom in life because they decided to focus on the fears that they anticipated. Prov 22:13 KJV” The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.” According to the bible, it is those who lack the drive for achievement, who confuse their path with such concepts. They are called the slothful.
The disciples of Jesus came up with the idea that, it was not safe for Jesus to embark on the mission to go to Judea. Most discouragements normally come from those standing by. The brothers of David out of fear tried to discourage him from going to fight Goliath.1 Sam 17:28. David quickly turned from him.1Sa 17:30 KJV” And he turned from him toward another, and spake after the same manner: and the people answered him again after the former manner.”
Dear one, fear generated by anticipating dangers have the following effects;
1. They will rob you of any achievements
2. They can make you remain in your poverty level
3.They are only false evidence appearing real.
4. Opportunities may just skip away.
5. They often make you disobey God’s will for your life.
What to do? Ask yourself, the following questions
1. What has God said about this situation?
2. How real are those threats?
3. Would my conditions improve if I remain where I am, or if I should dare the situation, I may either fail or make it. The four lepers realised if they stayed in Samaria they would die of hunger, but if they went out they would either be killed or accepted. They chose the latter.
Always choose the condition with better chances.2 kings 7:1-9
Thank you, Lord, for your abiding presence. Going forward gives your Spirit the ability to face every opposition. I choose to move forward and take my chances for change and greatness.
2Ki 7:4 KJV “If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there: and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die”.
Num 13:30 KJV” And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it”.