KEY SCRIPTURE: 1 Samuel 1:12 “And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth”.
In our key scripture Hannah prayed fervently for a son.
Good parenting would not be complete without a consistent fervent praying for the children.
The Lord Jesus instructed that men ought always to pray and not to faint (Luke 18:1).
Men are faced with unseen forces who hate and will do everything to see the failure and destruction of all humanity. The Lord described Satan who is the culprit, as a murderer and a liar. (John 8:44). Many children grow up with a great and promising future. Some of these children turn out as failures. Why is this so? Some people of God are shattered to notice that their children have grown wayward and doing things that become a reproach to the course of Christ.
Prayer would always release the supernatural hand of God into action to steer their ways rightly. God has set the world and it’s running in such a way that, until men pray God is not permitted to step in. That’s why He commands men to pray and not to faint.
Parents, pray for your children. The father is the king, and high priest of the home. He must offer the incense of prayer always (Revelation 8:4). Most fathers tend to leave the work of praying for their children to the mothers. Fathers this is your responsibility, don’t leave it to the mothers alone. Mothers support the fathers, yet it is the prime duty of the fathers to pray and intercede for the children.
Some prayer points for your children:
- Pray that the love of your children for God will abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgement. (Philippines 1:9).
- Pray that they would be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ (Philippines 1:10b).
- Pray that they would be filled with the fruits of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ unto the praise and glory of God. (Philippines 1:11).
- Pray that every prophetic word spoken over their lives would be fulfilled (1 Timothy 1:18).
- Pray that your children would do and achieve greater works than you. (John 14:12).
I pray for my children, that their love for God will grow stronger and stronger, as they approve of excellent things and also they would be sincere and will be without offense until they meet the Lord. May every prophetic word about their lives be absolutely fulfilled in Jesus name.
1 Timothy 1:18 “This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;”
John 14:12 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father”.