KEY SCRIPTURE:1Co 15:1 KJV “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;”
The commission to go ye is basically to tell men about the gospel. The gospel is good news. The gospel is not scriptural songs. It is not just any message from the bible. The message of the gospel is clearly seen in the following verse, 1Corinth 15:3 ,4 KJV” For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
The good news is all about, the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The following is the message of the gospel
1. God created man sinless and perfect Gen 1:26-31
2. Man disobeyed God and sinned against God. Gen 3:6&7
3. Man’s sin brought death and all other effects of sin and death. Rom 5:12
4. God gave Jesus to die for men and to take away the sins of the world. John 1:29, John 3:16, Rom 5:12
5. Jesus is the only way to be saved Jn 14:6, Acts 4:12
6. Men must repent of their sins, believe in Jesus and then confess Him as their Lord. Mark 1:15, Rom 10:9,10
The following are also some ways, that you may share the gospel with your enquirers.
One very powerful means of communicating the gospel is through your personal testimony. A personal testimony is the story of your life concerning the kind of life you used to lead before you were converted, your conversion to Christ, as well as the changes that has resulted after Christ came into your life.
A personal testimony may be presented in the following manner.
1. Give a brief description of what your life was like before you received Christ.
2. Describe how God spoke to your heart and opened your eyes to the truth of the gospel and your response to it
3. Finally share how your life has changed since receiving your new life in Christ.
In Acts 26, Apostle Paul when he had the opportunity to defend his faith before king Agrippa presented his personal life testimony. On hearing Paul’s testimony, King Agrippa commented in Acts 26:28, that Paul, you almost persuaded me to become a Christian. This was as a result of the power of a personal testimony. Dear brother or sister, always use your personal testimony as one of the very powerful ways to communicate the gospel.
Another very simple way to present the gospel is called the Roman road
1. Sin is the basic problem of mankind. Rom 3:23
2. The wages of sin is death. This is a separation between God and man. Rom 6:23, Rom 5:12
3 Christ Jesus has died for the sin of all men Rom 5:8
4 We receive salvation and forgiveness through faith in Jesus Rom 10:9,10, 13
5. Salvation brings us peace with God. Rom 5:1
The above are very simple but scriptural ways to present the gospel to a neighbour. Always trust the Holy Spirit to be the convertor of the person
THOUGHT: ALWAYS PRESENT THE TRUTH AND TRUST THE HOLY SPIRIT WITH THE REST.
John 3:16 KJV “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
1 John 5:11,12 KJV And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.