KEY SCRIPTURE: John 5:22 KJV” For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:”
Our Lord Jesus is the judge of the world. Why has the Father placed the judgement of all mankind in the hands of the Lord? Jesus. He is the eternal word of God. It is the word that would judge all men. John 12:48 KJV “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” No one will escape or may be able to defend himself because he has even made his word plain to their hearts. The Lord will judge all men, because he lived as a man and never sinned. Hebrews 4:15 KJV “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” He is very qualified to judge all.
The following are the principles for judging all men.
1. Men will be judged with righteous judgement (Acts 17:31, Psalms 96:13)
2. Men would be judged according to God’s holy standards, Romans 2:6, 10, 11, Revelations 22:12)
3. Men would be judged according to their attitude to Christ (John 12:41, Luke 12:8-9)
4. Men would be judged according to the measure of light and opportunity given to them. (Matthew 11:21-24)
5. Men will be judged by the infallible and omniscient judge Jesus Christ. There will be no chance of mistaken judgement, for He has all the hidden facts, deeds, motives, and thoughts of men, before him. (Ecclesiastes 12:14)
6. Men would be convinced of the righteousness of God’s judgement upon them. All will acknowledge that it is absolute justice meted upon their thoughts, words, deeds and motives. (Jude 14:15, Matt 12:37, Rom 2:15:16, Luke 19:22)
Finally let’s consider the purpose for which all men would be judged by Christ
1. To reveal the true character of each person. (Matthew 10:26, 1 Corinthians 4:5)
2. To determine the value of all works of men. (1st Corinthians 3:13)
3. To render public reward or punishment, as men are not always punished or rewarded in this life. (Matt 16:27, Rom 2:8,9, Rev 22:12)
4. To vindicate the righteousness of God in His dealings with men. His Justice will be acknowledged. (Rev 19:1& 2)
If men would surely be judged by the omniscient and righteous One, what kind of life ought you to live?
THOUGHT: THERE WOULD BE A HOLY RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT FOR ALL
Acts 17:31 KJV “Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”
Revelations 22:12 KJV “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”