KEY SCRIPTURE: John 5:23 KJV “That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.”
Our key scripture reveals that, God our father has given all power to the Son so that men would honour the Son. Indeed, He is the only name given among men, whereby we might be saved. The truth is that Jesus Christ is the mystery of God revealed and explained to us. He is the word of God, which is God, but took on flesh and came to dwell among us and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father full of grace and truth. (John 1:1,14) As He said, if you have seen Him, then you have seen the Father. His life is a revelation of the will of the Father. Whatever one seeks to know about the Father is demonstrated in Him.
To give honour to the Son is to give honour to the Father. What does it mean to give honour to the Son?
1. It means to esteem His words very highly above every other thing or person. Matt 6:33
2. To honour Him is to believe in Him. John 6:29 KJV “Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
3. To honour the Son is to love Him dearly.
Ephesians 6:24 KJV” Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity”
4. To honor Him is to forsake sin. The Lord suffered and died so that men would be free from sin. Romans 6:14. Sin defeats God’s number one purpose for creating man. That is to fellowship with man.
5. To honour the Son is to bear fruits of righteousness and souls of men. John 15:8, James 3:18.
6. To honour Jesus is to put Him first in everything. In fact, you make yourself insignificant, and that it is Him that matters. Colossians 1:18, Philippians 1:21
How can one truly honour the Son? Accept your death with Him. Now it is Christ, who is alive in you. (Galatians 2:20) Secondly, it is the task of the Holy Spirit to help you honour the Lord. John 16:14 KJV “He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.” It is the Holy Spirit who enables us to honour and glorify the Son. This comes about as we fellowship with the Spirit. The hidden truths and realities about our Lord Jesus are revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. He makes Jesus real to us, so that we could positively relate with Him. Ask the Holy Spirit for His assistance in prayer, study of the word and also a positive response to the word of God.
What happens when Jesus is honoured?
You cannot remain insignificant when you lift up the master. The donkey that carried Jesus, walked on humans’ cloths and the singing of hosanna. (Mark 11:8) That particular donkey was not known by people, until, it carried the master. It was the call to honour the master, that set it free from bondage (Mark 8:2). Your decision to honour the master, would free you from every bondage. KEEP LIFTING JESUS HIGH UP IN ALL YOU DO.
THOUGHT: HONOURING CHRIST PAVES A WAY FOR YOUR LIFTING IN LIFE.
1st Samuel 2:30 KJV” Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.”
James 4:8 KJV” Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.”