KEY SCRIPTURE: John 9:4 KJV” I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh when no man can work.”
In considering our key scripture, the Lord referred to the one who sent Him. He did His work with such urgency because of the knowledge of the one who sent Him. Good knowledge and an acknowledgement of who He is can help us make a stronger commitment to His great commission.
Who is He who has sent us?
1. He is the creator of heaven and earth, who made us, so we would live for His pleasure. Rev 4:11 KJV” Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure, they are and were created.” We did not make ourselves but He created us for His pleasure. This means we only have a meaningful life when we do that which gives Him the pleasure
2. Jesus said all Authority has been given unto Him. Mat 28:18 KJV. All power(authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” Obeying his commission means living under a far superior authority on the earth. We can only exercise His authority when we are wholly yielded to Him( Compared to Matt 8:9)
3. God is the judge of everyone and will judge all with a righteous judgement.1Corinth 3:13 KJV “Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.” The motive, yieldedness and how sacrificial you approach the work would determine whether your works would stand or you would be rewarded.
4. God who sent us must not only be obeyed but must be feared. Hebrews 10:31 KJV” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”.
Falling into the hands of the living God, means falling short of His expectations of us , or doing what goes against His ways.
He says we must work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12.
5. The depth of His love and investment in us demands that we give Him our all. The song writer wrote in the last stanza of the song ‘ When I surveyed the wondrous cross, that
were the whole realm of nature mine,
That’s were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all.
This love of Jesus, which has translated us from death into life, and made us kings and priests of God, indeed demands everything of us to please Him.
God the only potentate one has saved and commissioned me to bring His works of love and power to humanity. In love for Him and His greatness in all aspects, compels me to diligently commit to His course without fail. Nothing is important compared to doing His bidding and doing it well.
THOUGHT: GOD IS TOO GREAT TO BE IGNORED
2 Corinth 5:11 KJV “Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
Phi 2:14 KJV” Do all things without murmurings and disputings:”