KEY SCRIPTURE “John 9:4 KJV” I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.”
Jesus clearly stated that He must do the works of God whiles It is day. What are the works of God? I think this is an area the church of God has not gotten it right, and I wish the Lord help us to see it clearly as His word reveals. When the Lord Jesus taught His disciples the model prayer, He stated perfectly what the works of God, or what He wills to happen on earth for every man. We can see this in Matthew 6:10-13. He said the will of God be done on earth. After talking about the will of God He stated certain provisions that men need.
1. Our Daily bread
2. We forgive others as the Father forgives us
3. Not being led into temptations or not leading others into temptations
4. Deliverance from the evil one.
These four areas form the will of God, which must be done on the earth. They are the works of God that every child of God must seek to do.
In our key scripture, Jesus healed the sick man of his blindness, this was just one of them, precisely the fourth one. Now let’s go into these works of God
1. Providing daily bread. Daily bread is primarily food for the hungry. It also implies every physical necessity that the needy would have for comfortable living on the earth. It is our duty as children of God to bring these necessities to the needy. Jesus blessed the hungry and those who moved with Him were not in want.
2. Forgiveness of sins. It is good work to relate cordially with all persons. Strive, anger, and contentions are all works of the devil and we must not do them. If you do not forgive men their sins human interrelationships are greatly destroyed. Families are suffering, friendships are breaking apart. As agents of God, we must bear no animosity towards any man whatsoever.
3. Not to lead others to temptations. To act rightly and to teach people the path of righteousness. It is the will of the Father that people be led into the ways of God. It is the role of every child of God to be light to those in darkness.
4. Deliverance from the evil one. This is seen as we preach the word to save men from their evil ways. Healing and Deliverance of the sick, any form of bringing God’s power to bear on the men, whom Satan has held captive in one way or the other. We have been usually involved with the fourth part, which is good but must also do the first three as well. We would impact greatly on our world like our master Jesus did.
Our Lord Jesus walked fully in these ways and had multitudes thronging Him throughout his ministry. The body of Christ must not only limit ourselves to spiritual needs alone but must have a holistic approach to fulfilling the will of God in the lives of men.
The Lord wants His will seen in all men; I commit my life to blessing my world in every way possible. I walk on God’s blessings, so I may bless the needy physically and spiritually.
THOUGHT: GOD’S WORK IS MEETING, THE PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL AND SPIRITUAL NEEDS OF MAN.
1Timothy 6:18,19 KJV That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
Col 3:12 KJV “Put on, therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.